I’ve had a huge increase lately of people reaching out to me to find a rental home. I’m helping 4 separate renters in various stages of the process today alone!!
I’m kind of embarrassed to admit this, but up until a few years ago I didn’t even know you COULD work with a Realtor as a renter.
So why would you want to have a Realtor when you’re renting?
- They do a lot of the work for you. You give them your criteria, and they can find the properties that suit your needs and book showings for you
- They know right vs. wrong. A good Realtor knows the rules, what a landlord can and can’t ask, etc
- They can advocate for you-I know I’ve written a letter about my clients that made the difference in landing their ideal rental
- You don’t have to pay! Typically the tenants Realtor is paid by the landlord. It doesn’t cost you anything extra
- Just like purchasing a home, renting involves moving-it’s still a big life event!! Why not have someone on your team to alleviate some of the stress?
Have you ever worked with a Realtor as a renter?